Rome • Tuscany • Florence • Assisi • Venice • Fatima
- 12 Days - Airfare and All Inclusive
Choose From the Following Dates to Book Your Trip Online.
Fast approaching! Seats may still be available. Call Now!
Trips in 2013 - $3,999.00
Trips in 2014 - $3,999.00
- Flights from your hometown!
Flights can originate from anywhere in the U.S. where published. (same price)
You will know your flight information only after you pay your balance 120 days prior to departure. We use only reliable major airlines.
- Flights can originate from anywhere in the U.S. where published. (same price)
There is no supplemental surcharge to fly from an airport near your home town!
- Daily Mass is available but not mandatory. Proximo Travel has always one or more Catholic Priests accompanying the group as chaplain(s).
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees & Fuel Surcharges
Saving you an average of $400-$600!
- Transfers as per itinerary
- 4 or 5 star hotels in downtown areas
- Transportation with luxury bus
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Wine included with all dinners
- All tips to driver, hotel, and tour guide
- Guided Tours and Tour Fees
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Remember: Our trips are not more expensive during high season ~ Passengers will never be expected to pay extra for anything while on the trip ~ Our group size is small to medium ~ We have group sizes as small as 7 to 10 passengers! ~ We always wait for passengers and never leave anyone behind ~ There are no extra charges if a passenger would like to depart from overseas at a later date
Trip Does Not Include
- Travel Cancellation Protection Policy (optional) : $200 per person
- $400 surcharge for those flying from Hawaii or Alaska
- $700 Single Supplement
Traveling alone? No problem! Proximo Travel, LLC will be glad to place you with another passenger who is also traveling alone at no additional charge. If you want a guarantee of your own room for the entire trip then we offer the Single Supplement. By purchasing the Single Supplement, you are guaranteed your own room for the entire trip!
HotelsHotels listed below are our preferred hotels. If reservations cannot be made at one or more of these locations, a comparable hotel will be reserved. We only use 4 or 5 star accommodations.
Hotel dei Consoli Vaticano
Tel. 011.39. 066.889.2972
Tel. 011.39. 06.686.8969
Hotel Antico Palazzo Rospigliosi
Tel. 011.39. 06.489.30495
Tel. 011.39. 055.431.441
Hotel Adler Cavalieri
Tel. 011.39. 055.277.810
Tel. 011.39. 055.284.273
Tel. 011.39. 055.262.36
Tel. 011.351. 249.530.760
- Day 1: Departure from USA.
- Day 2: Arrival. Visit the Basilica of St. Paul outside the Wall where the body of St. Paul is buried. It is the 2nd largest basilica in Rome and the 5th in the world. Check in the hotel and rest for a few hours if time permits. Please note, check in at the hotel may be done before visiting the Basilica of St. Paul depending on time of arrival. In the afternoon, we will be visiting St. Mary Major, the main Basilica dedicated to Mary in Rome. We will see the remains of Jesus' manger, the tomb of Bernini, the remains of St. Matthew the Evangelist, the tomb of St. Jerome, and the oldest icon in the world of the Virgin Mary painted by St. Luke: the famous Salus Populi Romani. Casual dress. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
- Day 3: Late Start. In the morning visit the Colosseum, the symbol of the city of Rome, is a great building that has been standing since 80 A.D. In the afternoon, go to St. John Lateran, the first Basilica ever to be built in the Roman Empire and then visit the Catacombs. The Catacombs are breathtaking. 500,000 people were buried there. Back at the hotel around 5:30 pm. Rest for an hour. Dinner around the hotel area at 6:45 pm. Red and white wine included. Overnight in Rome.
- Day 4: Start the day by visiting the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel (the Pope's private Chapel) and St. Peter's in the Vatican, the largest Basilica in the world. Long pants, capris, or skirts below the knee, shoulders covered. In the afternoon our private bus will take us to the town where the Pope's Summer Residence is located: the charming Castel Gandolfo with its spectacular Lake Albano. Awesome place just like those towns you see on TV. Wine tasting and opening night dinner at 6:00 pm at a local upscale restaurant: eat where the Italians eat. Several courses of delicious Italian food. Red and white wine included. Overnight in Rome.
- Day 5: Private bus around 7:30 am to the Vatican to experience the 10:00 am Audience with the Pope. We will see the Pope very closely; sometimes we even shake his hand. We will visit the Spanish Steps. This is the place where the Romans hung out. Walk to Trevi Fountain for lunch and shopping. Walk to Pantheon, the oldest functional building in the world and then to the great artistic place of Piazza Navona around 4:30 pm. Dinner at Piazza Navona. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Rome.
- Day 6: En route to Florence stop in Assisi. See the tombs of St. Francis and St. Clare; enjoy a peaceful walk on the streets of Assisi. Dinner in Assisi. Overnight in Florence.
- Day 7: Tour of Venice: an amazing city built on water. Leave for Venice in the morning on our private bus. Estimated time of arrival is 11:00 am. Visit St. Mark's plaza. Optional: Gondola ride and shopping. Dinner in Tuscany at a local restaurant. Red and white wine included. Back to Hotel 10:00 pm. Long pants if you intend to go inside St. Mark's. Casual dress if you intend to go on a Gondola ride or spend time shopping and visiting the beautiful streets and bridges of Venice. Overnight in Florence.
- Day 8: Tour of Florence in the region of Tuscany. Tour of the Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, the Uffizzi, Michelangelo's masterpiece, The David, Flea Market, Duomo (Cathedral), and the Baptistery. Tour Guide will show to those interested the location of the Basilica of San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapel (where the Medici family was buried), and Basilica della Santa Croce (where Michelangelo and 15 other glorious Italian artists and thinkers were buried). Dinner in Florence. Red and white wine included. Casual dress throughout the day. Overnight in Florence.
- Day 9: Our private bus brings us to either the airport in Florence or Rome to take a flight to the Lisbon airport. Upon arrival in Lisbon, take a bus tour of Lisbon and travel to Fatima by private bus to check-in at hotel. Dinner and overnight in Fatima.
- Day 10: Free morning for personal devotion in Fatima. Spend the afternoon in Santarem, one of the oldest cities in the world. You will walk through the narrow streets to the Church of St. Stephen, containing the oldest recorded Eucharistic miracle. This miracle has been on display since 1269 AD. Dinner and overnight in Fatima.
- Day 11: Full day in Fatima. Start off the day by going to Mass at the Little Chapel of the Apparitions. You will see the Basilica, the site of Francesco and Jacinta's graves, the Hamlet of Aljustrel, where the children lived, and Valinhos, the site of Our Lady's appearance after the children's return from prison. Experience Christ's love as you walk and follow the Stations of the Cross along the Via Sacra (The Sacred Way) culminating in the Chapel of Calvary, which overlooks all of Fatima. Join pilgrims from around the world in an evening candlelight procession to pray the rosary for the sick and drink water from the miraculous well. Time for private devotions before dinner and overnight in Fatima.
- Day 12: Depart Lisbon for your return flight home to USA.
- Please note: We do our best to ensure that all sites listed in this itinerary will be seen. However, due to scheduling conflicts sites may be visited on a different day then listed.