Rome • Monte Cassino • Sorrento • Capri
- 9 days - Led by Fr. John Gee of North American Martyrs Parish, Auburn, MA
Choose From the Following Dates to Book Your Trip Online.
Fast approaching! Seats may still be available. Call Now!
There are no trip dates scheduled at this time.
Flights to Italy
- Direct flight both ways from JFK and Philadelphia included.
- Flights originating from JFK
- Daily Mass is available but not mandatory. Proximo Travel has always one or more Catholic Priests accompanying the group as chaplain(s).
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees & Fuel Surcharges
- Transfers as per itinerary
- 4 or 5 star hotels in downtown areas
- Transportation with luxury bus
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Wine included with all dinners
- All tips to driver, hotel, and tour guide
- Guided Tours and Tour Fees
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Remember: Our trips are not more expensive during high season ~ Passengers will never be expected to pay extra for anything while on the trip ~ Our group size is small to medium ~ We always wait for passengers and never leave anyone behind ~ There are no extra charges if a passenger would like to depart from overseas at a later date
Trip Does Not Include
- Travel Cancellation Protection Policy (optional) : $200 per person
- Day 1: Departure from USA.
- Day 2: Arrival. Rest for a few hours. Visit the Basilica of St. Paul outside the Wall where the body of St. Paul is buried. It is the 2nd largest basilica in Rome and the 5th in the world. Check in the hotel. In the afternoon, 0ur private bus will take us to the town where the Pope’s Summer Residence is located: the charming Castel Gandolfo with its spectacular Lake Albano. Awesome place just like those towns you see on TV. Wine Tasting and opening night dinner at 6:00 pm at a local upscale restaurant: eat where the Italians eat. Several courses of delicious Italian food; red and white wine included. Casual dress. Overnight in Rome.
- Day 3: Late Start. Visit the Colosseum in the morning. The Colosseum, the symbol of the city of Rome , is a great building that has been standing since 80 A.D. In the afternoon go to St. John Lateran, the first Basilica ever to be built in the Roman Empire and then visit Castel Sant' Angelo and the altar of the Country: Vittorio Emmanuele’s building in Piazza Venezia. Back at the Hotel around 5:30 pm. Rest for an hour. Dinner around the hotel area at 6:45 pm. Red and white wine included. Overnight in Rome.
- Day 4: Our day is spent at the Vatican. Visit the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel (the Pope's private Chapel). Tour St. Peter's in the Vatican, the largest Basilica in the world. Long pants, capris, or skirts below the knee, shoulders covered. Dinner and overnight Rome.
- Day 5: Early start. Canonization of Kateri Tekakwitha and Marianne Cope in the Vatican. Visit the North American College. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
- Day 6: Late start. We will visit the Spanish Steps. This is the place where Romans hung out. Walk to the Trevi Fountain for lunch and shopping. Walk to Pantheon, the oldest functional building in the world and then to the great artistic place of the Piazza Navona around 4:30 pm. Dinner at Piazza Navona. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Rome.
- Day 7: On the way to Sorrento visit the famous Benedictine Monastery, Monte Cassino. Check-in at the hotel in Sorrento. Enjoy a great afternoon in the awesome city of Sorrento. Dinner and overnight in Sorrento.
- Day 8: Early breakfast for a boat ride to visit the Island of Capri. Optional: visit the extraordinary beautiful Blue Grotto with its shining bottom. The day is free to tour the island and shop. Dinner in Capri near the water. Casual dress throughout the day. Overnight in Sorrento.
- Day 9: Return to the USA from Naples or from Rome.