Rome • Pompeii • Sorrento • Capri • Amalfi Coast • Sicily • Catania • Mount Etna • Syracuse • Taormina • Calabria
- 13 Days - Airfare and All Inclusive
Choose From the Following Dates to Book Your Trip Online.
Fast approaching! Seats may still be available. Call Now!
Trips in 2013 - $4,499.00
Trips in 2014 - $4,499.00
Flights to Italy
- Flights from your hometown!
We can originate your flight to Italy from anywhere in the U.S. where published.
You will know your flight information only after you pay your balance 120 days prior to departure. We use only reliable major airlines.
- Flights can originate from anywhere in the U.S. where published. (same price)
There is no supplemental surcharge to fly from an airport near your home town!
- Daily Mass is available but not mandatory. Proximo Travel has always one or more Catholic Priests accompanying the group as chaplain(s).
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees & Fuel Surcharges
Saving you an average of $400-$600!
- Transfers as per itinerary
- 4 or 5 star hotels in downtown areas
- Transportation with luxury bus
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Wine included with all dinners
- All tips to driver, hotel, and tour guide
- Guided Tours and Tour Fees
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Remember: Our trips are not more expensive during high season ~ Passengers will never be expected to pay extra for anything while on the trip ~ Our group size is small to medium ~ We have group sizes as small as 7 to 10 passengers! ~ We always wait for passengers and never leave anyone behind ~ There are no extra charges if a passenger would like to depart from overseas at a later date
Trip Does Not Include
- Travel Cancellation Protection Policy (optional) : $200 per person
- $400 surcharge for those flying from Hawaii or Alaska
- $700 Single Supplement
Traveling alone? No problem! Proximo Travel, LLC will be glad to place you with another passenger who is also traveling alone. If a passenger cannot be provided you will be placed in your own room at no additional fee; however, if you want a guarantee of your own room for the entire trip then we offer the Single Supplement plan. By purchasing the Single Supplement, you are guaranteed your own room for the entire trip!
HotelsHotels listed below are our preferred hotels. If reservations cannot be made at one or more of these locations, a comparable hotel will be reserved. We only use 4 or 5 star accommodations.
Hotel dei Consoli Vaticano
Tel. 011.39. 066.889.2972
Tel. 011.39. 06.686.8969
Hotel Antico Palazzo Rospigliosi
Tel. 011.39. 06.489.30495
Grand Hotel Cesare Augusto
Tel. 011.39. 081.878.2700
Tel. 011.39. 0965.331.356
- Day 1: Departure from USA.
- Day 2: Arrival. Visit the Basilica of St. Paul outside the Wall where the body of St. Paul is buried. It is the 2nd largest basilica in Rome and the 5th in the world. Check in the hotel and rest for a few hours if time permits. Please note, check in at the hotel may be done before visiting the Basilica of St. Paul depending on time of arrival. In the afternoon, we will be visiting St. Mary Major, the main Basilica dedicated to Mary in Rome. We will see the remains of Jesus' manger, the tomb of Bernini, the remains of St. Matthew the Evangelist, the tomb of St. Jerome, and the oldest icon in the world of the Virgin Mary painted by St. Luke: the famous Salus Populi Romani. Casual dress. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
- Day 3: Late Start. In the morning visit the Colosseum, the symbol of the city of Rome, is a great building that has been standing since 80 A.D. In the afternoon, go to St. John Lateran, the first Basilica ever to be built in the Roman Empire and then visit the Catacombs. The Catacombs are breathtaking. 500,000 people were buried there. Back at the hotel around 5:30 pm. Rest for an hour. Dinner around the hotel area at 6:45 pm. Red and white wine included. Overnight in Rome.
- Day 4: Start the day by visiting the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel (the Pope's private Chapel) and St. Peter's in the Vatican, the largest Basilica in the world. Long pants, capris, or skirts below the knee, shoulders covered. In the afternoon our private bus will take us to the town where the Pope's Summer Residence is located: the charming Castel Gandolfo with its spectacular Lake Albano. Awesome place just like those towns you see on TV. Wine tasting and opening night dinner at 6:00 pm at a local upscale restaurant: eat where the Italians eat. Several courses of delicious Italian food. Red and white wine included. Overnight in Rome.
- Day 5: Private bus around 7:30 am to the Vatican to experience the 10:00 am Audience with the Pope. We will see the Pope very closely; sometimes we even shake his hand. We will visit the Spanish Steps. This is the place where Romans hung out. Walk to Trevi Fountain for lunch and shopping. Walk to Pantheon, the oldest functional building in the world and then to the great artistic place of Piazza Navona around 4:30 pm. Dinner at Piazza Navona. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Rome.
- Day 6: Departure from Rome to Pompeii. Visit of the archeological area, lunch and transfer to Sorrento. Dinner around 6:45 pm. Red and white wine included. Casual dress throughout the day. Overnight in Sorrento.
- Day 7: The Island of Capri is the greatest place for many people. Optional: visit the extraordinary beautiful Blue Grotto with its shining bottom, tour the Island, shopping. Dinner around the hotel area at 6:45 pm. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Sorrento.
- Day 8: Depart Sorrento, tour on bus of the Amalfi Coast and head to Calabria. Visit Tropea on the way to Reggio Calabria. Check-in and dinner at the hotel in Reggio Calabria.
- Day 9: Tour of Reggio Calabria. In the morning visit of Bronzi di Riace. Lunch on the sea promenade in Reggio. In the afternoon visit Stilo, with the Byzantine church, "Cattolica", dating back to the 9th century. Return to Reggio; dinner at hotel and overnight in Reggio Calabria.
- Day 10: Leave to Messina, Sicily, by ferry. On the way to Catania, stop in Taormina, visit of the town and dinner. Arrive in Catania and check-in hotel.
- Day 11: Visit the famous Mount Etna in the morning. In the afternoon visit Catania. Some sights to enjoy are the Piazza Duomo ~ Elephant Fountain, The Cathedral with the Chapel of Sant'Agata containing the saint's treasures. Walk the famous Via Crociferi where you can see some wonderful examples of 18th century Baroque buildings: Jesuits' Church, Church of San Giuliani and the Benedictine Monastery. Walk on the Via Etnea, an elegant street lined with Baroque-style buildings and shops that crosses the city from Piazza Duomo to Piazza Stesicoro where you can see the Vincenzo Bellini Monument, the imposing Roman Amphitheater, and the Church of Sant'Agata alla Fornace. Dinner and overnight in Catania, Sicily.
- Day 12: Drive to Syracuse. Visit the archaeological area and the famous Greek theater. Visit to the Duomo (Cathedral). The building contains influences from various cultures within its wall: Greek, Byzantine, Arabic, and the Norman Church of Santa Lucia. The church stands on the site where, so the legend goes, Syracuse's patron saint was martyred. Return to Catania for dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 13: Private bus to Airport and departure from Catania back to USA.