Azores Islands • Lisbon • Evora • Sintra • Funchai • Obidos • Santarem • Fatima
- 13 Days - THIS PRICE INCLUDES AIRFARE FROM ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
To view trip details, KEEP SCROLLING DOWN
To sign up online, CLICK ON THE TRIP DATE BELOW
Trips in 2017 - $4,999.00
- Flights from anywhere in the United States and flights between countries as per your itinerary. (all necessary flights on your trip are included)
- Daily Mass is available but not mandatory. Proximo Travel strives to have one or more Catholic Priests accompanying the group as chaplain(s).
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees & Fuel Surcharges Saving you an average of $400-$600!
- Transfers as per itinerary.
- 4 or 5 star hotels in downtown areas.
- Transportation with luxury bus.
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Wine included with all dinners.
- All tips to driver, hotel, and tour guide. If you feel that the tour guide did a great job, offering them extra tips is greatly appreciated.
- Guided Tours and Tour Fees ~ Our tour guides are very caring, licensed, and well educated. Many of our guides have their PhD's.
- Luggage handling (1 suitcase and 1 carry-on per person)
- Single Supplement (as long as the passengers is willing to room with someone and allows us to provide them with a roommate. If the passenger wants a guaranteed room to of their own, then they have to pay the $1,600 single supplement)
- Remember: Passengers will never be expected to pay extra for anything while on the trip ~ We always wait for passengers and never leave anyone behind.
Trip Does Not Include
- Trip Insurance. Work directly with Travel Guard to protect your investment and insure your money. There are different packages to choose from depending on what your travel needs are. Use the above link or the link right below the picture of the Pope on our home page to visit their site.
Steps for Registration
- Call us (855) 842-8001 or register online with a credit card and pay your $500 deposit per person to save your spot. The $500 deposit is part of the total price of the trip
- A $1,000 Airfare Deposit (AD) per person is due one month from the registration. The AD is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check)
- The balance is due February, 2017. The balance is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check).
- Mail all checks and correspondence to:
PO Box 3479
Worcester, MA 01613
- NOTE: If you sign up for a trip within 4 months of the departure date, you pay the deposit of $500 with a credit card and the balance is required to be overnighted in the form of a personal check, money order, or bank check.
October 2: Departure from USA.
October 3-5: Arrival in the Azores Islands. We will get checked into hotel and spend the next two days exploring several of the islands.
October 6: Late start, before transferring to the airport to fly to Lisbon. Upon arrival in Lisbon we will check into the hotel and have time to relax before dinner, overnight in Lisbon.
October 7: Full day in Lisbon, visit Jeronimos Monastery, which is one of the greatest monuments to the Age of Discovery with all its grandeur and Manueline style of architecture. Spend the remainder of the day at the Baixa, Lisbon’s downtown area. It is still the traditional center of city life, and is where Lisbon’s oldest and traditional shops still exist. In this heart of the city the streets that run parallel to Rua Augusta identify the various tradesmen and craftsmen, who have continued to do business there since the time of the Maritime Discoveries. You’ll find jeweler’s stores in the Rua do Ouro (Gold Street) and the Rua da Prata (Silver Street) and cloth and clothes stores in Rua dos Fanqueiros (Drapers’ Street). Dinner and overnight in Lisbon.
October 8: After breakfast we will depart for a day in Evora, a 2,000-year old unique and historic city. Evora, a beautiful town at the foot of the mountain range of the same name, its unique characteristics have led UNESCO to classify it as a World heritage site, is filled with labyrinthine streets, squares flooded with light, Renaissance fountains, Moorish courtyards and Gothic doorways and turrets. The Romans created its elegant temple, battlements and baths, and the Moorish "Yeborah" influenced the urban network of the Mouraria district. The Praça do Giraldo of Evora, the main central square where open-air cafes now serve coffee to tourists, was once the location of many public executions. Dinner and overnight in Fatima.
October 9: This morning we will depart for Sintra. The tour of the city will include Palácio da Pena is one of the best examples of 19th-century Romantic revivalism in Portugal. Set at the top of the Monte da Pena, the palace was built on the site of an old monastery belonging to the Order of St. Jerome. The highlight of the beautiful interior of the palace is the chapel, with its magnificent alabaster altarpiece attributed to Nicolau Chanterenne, one of the architects of the Mosteiro dos Jerónimos that we saw the day we arrived in Lisbon. After lunch we will proceed to Funchal, a modern city that pays attention to its traditions with preserved churches, inviting museums, and regionally crafted wine. We will have a walking tour that includes the harbor and a cathedral more than 500 years old. We will enjoy a wine tasting before dinner at a local restaurant. Dinner and overnight in Fatima.
October 10: After breakfast we will have a tour of Óbidos, with its white-washed houses covered with bougainvilleas and honeysuckle. Encircled by a ring of medieval walls and crowned by a rebuilt Moorish castle, it is now a Pousada, The town is entered through the southern gate of Santa Maria, embellished with eighteenth-century azulejo tile. Strolling through the town one senses a medieval ambience in its winding streets and old whitewashed houses. Our tour will include a visit to the Igreja Matriz de Santa Maria (Parish Church of Santa Maria), the pretty Capela de São Martinho (Chapel of S. Martinho) and, outside the town walls, the Igreja do Senhor da Pedra (Church of the Senhor da Pedra). Dinner and overnight in Fatima.
October 11: Free morning for personal devotion in Fatima. Spend the afternoon in Santarem, one of the oldest cities in the world. You will walk through the narrow streets to the Church of St. Stephen, containing the oldest recorded Eucharistic miracle. This miracle has been on display since 1247 AD. Dinner and overnight in Fatima.
October 12: Full day in Fatima. Start off the day by going to Mass at the Little Chapel of the Apparitions. You will see the Basilica, the site of Francesco and Jacinta's graves, the Hamlet of Aljustrel, where the children lived, and Valinhos, the site of Our Lady's appearance after the children's return from prison. Experience Christ's love as you walk and follow the Stations of the Cross along the Via Sacra (The Sacred Way) culminating in the Chapel of Calvary, which overlooks all of Fatima. Join pilgrims from around the world in an evening candlelight procession to pray the rosary for the sick and drink water from the miraculous well. Time for private devotions before dinner and overnight in Fatima.
October 13: Enjoy the festivities in celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the apparition of Our Lady in Fatima.
October 14: Continue to enjoy the festivities in celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the apparition of Our Lady in Fatima.
October 15: Depart Lisbon for your return flight home to USA.
Please note: We do our best to ensure that all sites listed in this itinerary will be seen. However, due to scheduling conflicts, or other circumstances beyond our control, sites may be visited on a different day than listed. If this happens it will also necessitate a change in the restaurant for dinner. However, we will never sacrifice the quality of the meal, all restaurants will meet Proximo Travel's very high standards. Since we have several different trip configurations touring at the same time, it is likely that groups on different tours will be combined when their itineraries overlap in certain areas.