Florence • Lucca • Assisi • Siena • Montalcino
- 9 Days - THIS PRICE INCLUDES AIRFARE FROM ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
To view trip details, KEEP SCROLLING DOWN
- Airfare included from anywhere in the U.S.
To sign up online, CLICK ON THE TRIP DATE BELOW
Trips in 2017 - $3,700.00
- Flights from anywhere in the United States and flights between countries as per your itinerary. (all necessary flights on your trip are included)
- Daily Mass is available but not mandatory. Proximo Travel strives to have one or more Catholic Priests accompanying the group as chaplain(s).
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees & Fuel Surcharges Saving you an average of $400-$600!
- Transfers as per itinerary.
- 4 or 5 star hotels in downtown areas.
- Transportation with luxury bus.
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Dinners take place at upscale restaurants not at the hotel. Wine included with all dinners.
- All tips to driver, hotel, and tour guide. If you feel that the tour guide did a great job, offering them extra tips is greatly appreciated.
- Guided Tours and Tour Fees ~ Our tour guides are very caring, licensed, and well educated. Many of our guides have their PhD's.
- Luggage handling (1 suitcase and 1 carry-on per person)
- Single Supplement (as long as the passengers is willing to room with someone and allows us to provide them with a roommate. If the passenger wants a guaranteed room to of their own, then they have to pay the $900 single supplement)
- Remember: Passengers will never be expected to pay extra for anything while on the trip ~ We always wait for passengers and never leave anyone behind.
Trip Does Not Include
- Trip Insurance. Work directly with Travel Guard to protect your investment and insure your money. There are different packages to choose from depending on what your travel needs are. Use the above link or the link right below the picture of the Pope on our home page to visit their site.
Steps for Registration
- Call us (855) 842-8001 or register online with a credit card and pay your $500 deposit per person to save your spot. The $500 deposit is part of the total price of the trip
- A $1,000 Airfare Deposit (AD) per person is due one month from the registration. The AD is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check)
- The balance is due 4 months before the trip departure date. The balance is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check).
- Mail all checks and correspondence to:
PO Box 3479
Worcester, MA 01613
- NOTE: If you sign up for a trip within 4 months of the departure date, you pay the deposit of $500 with a credit card and the balance is required to be overnighted in the form of a personal check, money order, or bank check.
April 1: Departure from USA, fly to Italy.
April 2:: Upon arrival, we will depart for Pisa where we will enjoy an area food tour and visit a local winery for a wine tasting. We will proceed onto Lucca for dinner at Vecchia Trattoria Buralli and overnight in Lucca.
April 3: Today will be a full day in Lucca. If you love to sample fine wines and delicious Italian delicacies and entrees, your guide will connect you to the finest restaurants and outdoor cafes in the region. Dazzle your taste buds with the best in Torta Derbi, Buccellato, Cioccolato, along with traditional olive oil and salami specialties. This is a must for fine gourmet connoisseurs and aficionados that want to sample and taste the best in Italian cuisine. While the aromas and scents will captive your soul, you will also love the historic churches, monuments, architecture, and burgeoning art scene that Lucca offers. We will end the day with dinner in Lucca. Overnight in Lucca.
April 4: We will have a second day in the area around Lucca for a cooking class and wine tasting as well as tours and tastings of local foods. Dinner and overnight in Lucca.
April 5: After breakfast we will depart from Lucca for a short drive to Florence where we will join Chef Luciano at the Mercato Centrale to select the items for our cooking class. Along the way, Chef will tell you how to select the best meat and the freshest fish as well as truffles and other Tuscan delicacies. After we complete our shopping you will travel to a 13th century Tuscan villa, put on your apron and being preparing our menu for the day. Learn to prepare fresh pasta and focaccia. The remainder of the 5-course dinner menu will depend on what is in season, but whatever it is, you will enjoy it with Chianti produced on the estate, lots of laughter and fun. You will leave the class “stuffed” and armed with new recipes and a knowledge of Tuscan food and customs that will impress your friends at your next Italian dinner party. Dinner and overnight in Florence.
April 6: Today we travel to the beautiful town of Assisi. Visit the local food artesian for the afternoon. Enjoy a farm to table cooking class for dinner before returning to our hotel for overnight in Florence.
April 7: After breakfast we will take our private bus to Siena, where we will enjoy a food tour of the local farm to table foods and a cooking class for lunch. In the afternoon, continue on to the classic fairytale hilltop town of Montalcino, which is just south of Siena. It is renowned worldwide for its production of the precious Brunello red wine and very rich in artistic treasures. Wine tasting in Montalcino followed by dinner. Overnight in Florence.
April 8: Today we have our final day in Florence. The morning is at leisure to enjoy the city and do some shopping. In the afternoon we will visit local food artesian before our farewell dinner and overnight in Florence.
April 9: Private bus to airport and departure from Florence back to USA.
Please note: We do our best to ensure that all sites listed in this itinerary will be seen. However, due to scheduling conflicts, or other circumstances beyond our control, sites may be visited on a different day than listed. If this happens it will also necessitate a change in the restaurant for dinner. However, we will never sacrifice the quality of the meal, all restaurants will meet Proximo Travel's very high standards.