Airport and Passport
- Flights can originate and included from anywhere in the USA where published.
- Get a Passport ASAP. Passengers are responsible to get their own passports and visas. Passengers are also responsible that their passport is valid and not expired.
- When you send a copy of your passport to our office, send only a copy of the first page that includes your photo, not a copy of every page of the passport.
- It is highly recommended that you register your trip with the US State Department online at Travel Registration
- Be at the airport at least 3 hours before departure. This applies only to the airport of origination, not necessarily to the airport of connection. For example, if you’re flying from Pittsburg to Paris then from Paris to Rome, you need to be at the airport in Pittsburg 3 hours before departure. Not necessarily in Paris where your connection time might be less than 3 hours. Proximo Travel is not responsible if you don’t show up at the airport of origination. If you miss your flight for being late, our team will do the best we can to re-book the passenger’s flight. The passenger, however, is responsible for all the costs involved in changing the ticket.
- If the airlines cancel or delay the flight, they are responsible to re-book the passenger’s flight. If passengers show up at the airport and the airlines delay the flight or cancel it, passengers need to go to customer service of that specific airlines and stay there until their flights are rebooked.
- You can deduct $800 from the price of the trip if you purchase your own flight. Feel free to use your mileage and join the group at your destination.
- If you choose to fly directly from your city to Europe, we fly you from anywhere in the USA and the price of the trip would remain the same
- You can earn miles even though we are traveling as a group. Just call the airline we are using and tell them that you need to be credited for your miles
- If there is a delay on your flight and the group has already left the airport; please contact your tour guide at the number listed in your final packet.
- If a group does not pay their balance on time, Proximo Travel cannot guarantee the flights promised in the contract with that specific group.
- Proximo Travel does not provide economy plus upgrades. If anyone wishes to buy the economy plus upgrade, they have to purchase their own ticket and do their own upgrades. Thereafter, Proximo Travel is not responsible if flights change and customers lose their economy plus upgrade.
Staying In Touch
- Each traveler will receive a final packet we suggest you print up 2 copies. (One for you & one for your family at home)
- The trip is designed so that you and your family in the USA are always able to contact the tour guide during the trip
- A Tour Guide will meet you at the airport and will remain with the group until you are safely returned to your departure airport.
- US dollars are used in the Holy Land. If you are visiting Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, or Austria, please convert your US dollars to euro’s. If you are visiting Scotland (Pound sterling), Hungary (Hungarian forint), Poland (Polish zloty), Turkey (Turkish new lira), Czech Republic (Czech koruna), Croatia (Croatian kuna), Argentina (Argentine Peso), Brazil (Barzilian Real), Columbia (Columbian Peso), Peru (Peruvian Nuevo Sol), Ecuador (US Dollars), or Mexico (Mexican Peso), please convert your US dollars to their respective currency. It averages to be about $40 per person per day.
- You can use your credit/debit cards, but inform your bank/credit card company in advance that you will be using them in your chosen destination. Credit and debit cards have the best exchange rate.
- AAA prepaid debit cards are also useful
- Avoid bringing Traveler’s Checks with you
- Make sure that your pin does not start with number “0” and does not have more than 4 digits. Some ATM machines in Europe do not accept pins starting with “0” and pins that have more than 4 digits
- Money belts are highly recommended
Transportation in Europe and the Holy Land
- Proximo Travel, LLC has its own private luxury bus at all times
- Bus is air-conditioned and has large windows to enjoy the scenery
- Dress is casual and comfortable. It is a vacation, relax and enjoy
- Some sights (i.e. Vatican) require long pants (or capris) and shirts with sleeves
- Bring comfortable walking shoes. Avoid sandals because they could get stuck between the cobblestones
- Most of the hotels we use have a pool or a Jacuzzi, bring a bathing suit with you. (May-September)
Packing and Carry-on
- Pack light! People normally do not use more than 60% of what they pack
- We suggest you pack a small wash cloth if desired. Most hotels do not provide one.
- Pack your medicine, valuables, and one day’s change of clothes in a carry-on just in case your luggage does not arrive on time
- Liquids should be in your checked luggage, not in your carry-on. If you choose to have your liquids in your carry-on, it should be less than 3 ounces and should be placed in a one quart-size plastic zip bag (one bag per person)
- You may visit the Transportation Security Administration website to get an itemization of everything you can think of and identifies if the item can be in the carry-on and or checked luggage
- Your check-in luggage should not be more then 50 lbs. If you are flying within Europe, it should not be more then 40 lbs. Carry-on within Europe should also be smaller then the USA carry-on. In summary, please pack light
- Safety is our priority. As we tour each country, every passenger is always accounted for: there is always a count of passengers before and after touring each site. We never leave anyone behind!
- We use solely 4 and 5 star hotels in downtown areas
Lots of Walking?
- Even though we have our own private bus, some sites do require some walking. Bring comfortable shoes (dress shoes are not necessary at all). We suggest you start walking at least 2 months before you’re trip so your ready to tour! A wheelchair can be provided if you are traveling with a companion who is able to push you. Please remember that some sites are unavailable by wheelchair.
- If you are traveling alone, we will room you with another nice passenger so that you don’t have to pay the extra single room supplement. If you want your own private room, it is $900 extra
Number of Passengers
- Proximo Travel, LLC advertises in many venues; therefore group sizes vary depending on location and time of year. They almost always sell out early, so please keep this in mind when you are planning to book a trip. Many people book up to a year in advance
- Since we have several different trip configurations touring at the same time, it is likely that groups on different tours will be combined when their itineraries overlap in certain areas.
Method of Payment
- Deposits and the Single Supplement option picked at the time of sign-up may be paid for with Cash, Check, Credit Card, and Debit Cards
- Non-refundable $500 deposit per person is due upon sign-up
- Airfare Deposit payment of $1,000 must be made to Proximo Travel, LLC no later than 30 days after trip registration. It can be paid only by cash, personal check, cashiers check, or money order.
- Balance is due 120 Days before USA Departure Date. This payment can be made only by cash, personal check, cashiers check, or money order.
Check Payable to:
Proximo Travel, LLC
PO Box 3479
Worcester, MA 01613
Group commissions and fundraising
- If a certain trip is intended to be a fundraising event, commissions will be paid ONLY on those passengers who end up traveling NOT on those who sign up and cancel.
Very Important Notes
- Be at the airport at least 3 hours before your departure
- Please make a copy of your passport and place it in your carry-on luggage while traveling
- Each traveler is responsible for expenses in cases where Proximo Travel, LLC has no control over events (i.e. missed flight because of a highway accident, flights being cancelled or delayed, weather, the Pope canceling an event for any reason whether personal or urgent, required personal visas to enter certain countries, etc…)