Airport and Passport
- Flights can originate from anywhere in the USA where published.
- Get a Passport ASAP
- It is highly recommended that you register your trip with the US State Department online at Travel Registration
- Be at the airport at least 3 hours before departure
- You can deduct $800 from the price of the trip if you purchase your own flight. Feel free to use your mileage and join the group at your destination.
- If you choose to fly directly from your city to Europe, we fly you from anywhere in the USA and the price of the trip would remain the same
- You can earn miles even though we are traveling as a group. Just call the airline we are using and tell them that you need to be credited for your miles
- If there is a delay on your flight and the group as already left the airport; please contact your tour guide at the number listed in your final packet.
Staying In Touch
- Each traveler will receive 2 cards with emergency contacts (one for you & one for your family at home)
- The trip is designed so that you and your family in the USA are always able to contact the tour guide during the trip
- A Tour Guide will meet you at the airport and will remain with the group until you are safely returned to your departure airport.
- US dollars are used in the Holy Land. Euro’s are used in Europe. We suggest getting some Euros before your departure. (300-400 Euros)
- You can use your credit/debit cards, but inform your bank/credit card company in advance that you will be using them in Europe. Credit and debit cards have the best exchange rate
- AAA prepaid debit cards are also useful
- Avoid bringing Traveler’s Checks with you
- Make sure that your pin does not start with number “0″ and does not have more than 4 digits. Some ATM machines in Europe do not accept pins starting with “0″ and pins that have more than 4 digits
- Money belts are highly recommended
Transportation in Europe
- Proximo Travel, LLC has its own private luxury bus at all times
- Bus is air-conditioned and has large windows to enjoy the scenery
- Dress is casual and comfortable. It is a vacation, relax and enjoy
- Some sights (i.e. Vatican) require long pants (or capris) and shirts with sleeves
- Bring comfortable walking shoes. Avoid sandals because they could get stuck between the cobblestones
- Most of the hotels we use have a pool or a Jacuzzi, bring a bathing suit with you. (May-September)
Packing and Carry-on
- Pack light! People normally do not use more than 60% of what they pack
- We suggest you pack a small wash cloth if desired. Most hotels do not provide one.
- Pack your medicine, valuables, and one day’s change of clothes in a carry-on just in case your luggage does not arrive on time
- Liquids should be in your checked luggage, not in your carry-on. If you choose to have your liquids in your carry-on, it should be less than 3 ounces and should be placed in a one quart-size plastic zip bag (one bag per person)
- You may visit the Transportation Security Administration website to get an itemization of everything you can think of and identifies if the item can be in the carry-on and or checked luggage
- Safety is our priority. As we tour each country, every passenger is always accounted for: there is always a count of passengers before and after touring each site. We never leave anyone behind!
- We use solely 4 and 5 star hotels in downtown areas
Lots of Walking?
- Even though we have our own private bus, some sites do require some walking. Bring comfortable shoes (dress shoes are not necessary at all). A wheelchair can be provided if you are traveling with a companion who is able to push you.
- If you are traveling alone, we will room you with another nice passenger so that you don’t have to pay the extra single room supplement. If you want your own private room, it is $700 extra
Number of Passengers
- Proximo Travel, LLC advertises in many venues; therefore group sizes vary depending on location and time of year. They almost always sell out early, so please keep this in mind when you are planning to book a trip. Many people book up to a year in advance
Method of Payment
- Credit and Debit Cards are accepted for deposit and optional Travel Cancellation Protection Policy or Single Supplement
- Non-refundable $500 deposit per person accepted immediately
- Balance is due by check 120 Days before USA Departure Date
- Final and partial payments are only accepted by Check or Money Order
Check Payable to:
Proximo Travel, LLC
857 West Boylston Street
Worcester, MA 01606
Very Important Notes
- Be at the airport at least 3 hours before your departure
- Please make a copy of your passport and place it in your carry-on luggage while traveling
- Each traveler is responsible for expenses in cases where Proximo Travel, LLC has no control over events (i.e. missed flight because of a highway accident, weather, etc…)