Our Lady of Guadalupe • Tlaxcala • Ocotlan • Puebla • San Juan Teotihuacan • Acolman
- 7 Days - THIS PRICE INCLUDES AIRFARE FROM ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
To view trip details, KEEP SCROLLING DOWN
To sign up online, CLICK ON THE TRIP DATE BELOW
Trips in 2017 - $2,500.00
Trips in 2018 - $2,500.00
- Flights from anywhere in the United States and flights between countries as per your itinerary. (all necessary flights on your trip are included)
- Daily Mass is available but not mandatory. Proximo Travel always has one or more Catholic Priests accompanying the group as chaplain(s).
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees & Fuel Surcharges Saving you an average of $400-$600!
- Transfers as per itinerary.
- 4 or 5 star hotels in downtown areas.
- Transportation with luxury bus.
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Dinners take place at upscale restaurants not at the hotel. Wine included with all dinners.
- All tips to driver, hotel, and tour guide. If you feel that the tour guide did a great job, offering them extra tips is greatly appreciated.
- Guided Tours and Tour Fees ~ Our tour guides are very caring, licensed, and well educated. Many of our guides have their PhD's.
- Luggage handling (1 suitcase and 1 carry-on per person)
- Single Supplement (as long as the passengers is willing to room with someone and allows us to provide them with a roommate. If the passenger wants a guaranteed room to of their own, then they have to pay the $500 single supplement)
- Remember: Passengers will never be expected to pay extra for anything while on the trip ~ We always wait for passengers and never leave anyone behind.
Trip Does Not Include
- Trip Insurance. Work directly with Travel Guard to protect your investment and insure your money. There are different packages to choose from depending on what your travel needs are. Use the above link or the link right below the picture of the Pope on our home page to visit their site.
Steps for Registration
- Call us (855) 842-8001 or register online with a credit card and pay your $500 deposit per person to save your spot. The $500 deposit is part of the total price of the trip
- A $1,000 Airfare Deposit (AD) per person is due one month from the registration. The AD is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check)
- The balance is due 4 months before the trip departure date. The balance is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check).
- Mail all checks and correspondence to:
PO Box 3479
Worcester, MA 01613
- NOTE: If you sign up for a trip within 4 months of the departure date, you pay the deposit of $500 with a credit card and the balance is required to be overnighted in the form of a personal check, money order, or bank check.
Day 1: Depart from the USA. Upon arrival in Mexico City you will be met by your tour guide and transfer to your hotel. There you will have time to rest and refresh. Dinner and overnight in Mexico City.
Day 2: Pick up at Hotel and transfer to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe beginning with Mass at the Basilica. After Mass we will have time for a tour of the shrine including the Museum, Tepeyac Hill, Capilla del Cerrito, Tepeyac Garden, and the Chapel of the Indians. There will also be time for personal devotions. During the visit to the Basilica of Our Lady of Gadalupe. Dinner before returning to the hotel and overnight in Mexico City.
Day 3: After breakfast we will head to the northern part of Mexico City to Tlatelolco, to visit the Three Culture Square, where is located the XVI Century Parish of Santiago Tlatelolco first catholic church of the New Continent that still exist dedicated to St. James, to honor the patron saint of the Spanish..Then will drive outside the Mexico City visit TEOTIHUACAN, UNESCO World Heritage Archaeological zone, exploring the ruins of the Pyramids of the Sun and the Moon and the Aztec Temple of Tlaloc and Quetzalcoatl. Visit to a local shop of arts and crafts and enjoy lunch . On the way back to the hotel we will stop at Acolman Agustinian Ex Convent and church, for a tour at the monastery. Dinner and overnight in Mexico City.
Day 4: Following breakfast, we will leave Mexico City for a spectacular ride through the mountains to Tlaxcala to Ocotlan, "place of the burning oak", where in 1531, the Blessed Virgin appeared to Juan Diego Bernadino. The Blessed Virgin Mary burned an image of her perfections into the trunk of an old oak tree. Also we will visit The Franciscan convent of Our Lady of Assumption, today the Cathedral of Tlaxcala . It is one of a kind for having the bell tower apart from the convent. The interior still keeps a beautiful wooden coffered ceiling in a Mudejar style. Tour of the Cathedral of St. Michael. After lunch in Tlaxcala we continue on to Puebla where we will enjoy a tour that includes the Cathedral of Puebla and the magnificent Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary, with its most famous scalloped gold leaf walls and ceilings, St. Dominic's Church. Return for dinner and overnight in Mexico.
Day 5: Pick up at Hotel and transfer to Mexico City Historical Center beginning with Mass at the Mexico´s Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana) the oldest and largest cathedral in all of Latin America. Begun in the late 16th century, the cathedral is a medley of styles and dominates the city's huge plaza, the Zócalo. Continue the visit at the Government Mexican Palace, then the visit to the Ancient City of the Mexicas and in the Histórical Center. In the afternoon the tour will continue with shopping in a handcraft store and then we will visit the Aztec Exhibition room at the Anthropology Museum. Dinner and overnight in Mexico City.
Day 6: Pick up at Hotel and transfer to Coyoacan, beginning with Mass at the Temple of Saint John the Baptist and Ex Dominican Convent, located in the magic village of Coyoacan. Hernán Cortés and the Spanish, used the area as a headquarters during the Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire and made it the first capital of New Spain between 1521 and 1523. Then the tour continue to Xochimilco, to the Floating Gardens of Xochimilco today, these last lovely remnants of ancient Lake Texcoco and Mexica Culture. Dinner and overnight in Mexico City.
Day 7: After breakfast, check out and with all our luggage, our van or coach brings us to the Shrine of the Lady of Guadalupe for our farewell and then we will depart to the airport of Mexico City to fly back to the USA.
Please note: We do our best to ensure that all sites listed in this itinerary will be seen. However, due to scheduling conflicts, or other circumstances beyond our control, sites may be visited on a different day than listed. If this happens it will also necessitate a change in the restaurant for dinner. However, we will never sacrifice the quality of the meal, all restaurants will meet Proximo Travel's very high standards.