Sorrento • Capri • Amalfi Coast • Pompeii • Rome • Assisi • Florence • Siena • San Gimignano • Pisa • Cinque Terre • Venice
- 13 Days - THIS PRICE INCLUDES AIRFARE FROM ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
To view trip details, KEEP SCROLLING DOWN
To sign up online, CLICK ON THE TRIP DATE BELOW
Trips in 2017 - $4,600.00
Trips in 2018 - $4,600.00
- Flights from anywhere in the United States and flights between countries as per your itinerary. (all necessary flights on your trip are included)
- Daily Mass is available but not mandatory. Proximo Travel strives to have one or more Catholic Priests accompanying the group as chaplain(s).
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees & Fuel Surcharges Saving you an average of $400-$600!
- Transfers as per itinerary.
- 4 or 5 star hotels in downtown areas.
- Transportation with luxury bus.
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Dinners take place at upscale restaurants not at the hotel. Wine included with all dinners.
- All tips to driver, hotel, and tour guide. If you feel that the tour guide did a great job, offering them extra tips is greatly appreciated.
- Guided Tours and Tour Fees ~ Our tour guides are very caring, licensed, and well educated. Many of our guides have their PhD's.
- Luggage handling (1 suitcase and 1 carry-on per person)
- Single Supplement (as long as the passengers is willing to room with someone and allows us to provide them with a roommate. If the passenger wants a guaranteed room to of their own, then they have to pay the $900 single supplement)
- Remember: Passengers will never be expected to pay extra for anything while on the trip ~ We always wait for passengers and never leave anyone behind.
Trip Does Not Include
- Trip Insurance. Work directly with Travel Guard to protect your investment and insure your money. There are different packages to choose from depending on what your travel needs are. Use the above link or the link right below the picture of the Pope on our home page to visit their site.
Steps for Registration
- Call us (855) 842-8001 or register online with a credit card and pay your $500 deposit per person to save your spot. The $500 deposit is part of the total price of the trip
- A $1,000 Airfare Deposit (AD) per person is due one month from the registration. The AD is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check)
- The balance is due 4 months before the trip departure date. The balance is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check).
- Mail all checks and correspondence to:
PO Box 3479
Worcester, MA 01613
- NOTE: If you sign up for a trip within 4 months of the departure date, you pay the deposit of $500 with a credit card and the balance is required to be overnighted in the form of a personal check, money order, or bank check.
HotelsHotels listed below are our preferred hotels. If reservations cannot be made at one or more of these locations, a comparable hotel will be reserved. We only use 4 or 5 star accommodations.
Grand Hotel Cesare Augusto
Tel. 011.39. 081.878.2700
Tel. 011.39. 063.721.122
Tel. 011.39. 06.686.8969
Tel. 011.39. 063.576
Tel. 011.39. 055.795.540
Day 1: Departure from USA fly to Naples or to Rome.
Day 2: Check-in downtown Sorrento after visiting the amazing Amalfi Coast. Dinner at the hotel area at 6:45 pm. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 3: The Island of Capri is the greatest place for many people. Optional: visit the extraordinary, beautiful Blue Grotto with its limestone bottom. Tour the island, shopping, and swimming. Dinner around the hotel area at 6:45 pm. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 4: Check-out Sorrento. Visit the incredible city of Pompeii on your way to Rome. In the afternoon, we will be visiting St. Mary Major, the main Basilica dedicated to Mary in Rome. We will see the remains of Jesus' manger, the tomb of Bernini, the remains of St. Matthew the Evangelist, the tomb of St. Jerome, and the oldest icon in the world of the Virgin Mary painted by St. Luke: the famous Salus Populi Romani. We may immerse ourselves in the local culture by attending an Italian mass at St. Mary Major as well. Casual dress. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
Day 5: Start around 9:00 am. Visit the Colosseum, the symbol of the city of Rome; a great building that has been standing since 80 A.D. Then visit St. John Lateran, the first Basilica ever to be built in the Roman Empire. In the afternoon, go to the breathtaking Catacombs where 500,000 people were buried. After the Catacombs our private bus will take us to dinner and free time around the area of the hotel. Overnight in Rome.
Day 6: Start the day around 9:30 am, by visiting St. Peter's in the Vatican, the largest Basilica in the world. There will be time for private devotion and shopping before lunch. In the afternoon we will see the Vatican Museums, and the Sistine Chapel (the Pope's private Chapel). Long pants, capris, or skirts below the knee, shoulders covered. Time to rest before dinner in the area of the hotel. Red and white wine included. Overnight in Rome.
Day 7: We will have an early start as our private bus leaves around 7:00 am to the Vatican to experience the 10:00 am Audience with the Pope. We will see the Pope very closely; sometimes we even shake his hand. There will be time for lunch in the area of the Vatican, before we visit the Spanish Steps. This is the place where the Romans hung out. From there we will walk to Trevi Fountain, and have time for shopping. Followed by a walk to the Pantheon, the oldest functional building in the world, and then to the great artistic place of Piazza Navona around 4:30 pm. Dinner at Piazza Navona. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Rome.
Day 8: En route to Florence stop in Assisi. See the tombs of St. Francis and St. Clare; enjoy a peaceful walk on the streets of Assisi. Dinner in Tuscany. Overnight in Florence.
Day 9: Tour of Florence in the region of Tuscany. Tour of the Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, the Uffizzi, open air Market, Duomo (Cathedral), the Baptistery, Michelangelo's masterpiece, the David. Visit Basilica of San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapel (where the Medici family was buried), and Basilica della Santa Croce (where Michelangelo and 15 other glorious Italian artists and thinkers were buried). Have a delicious dinner in Florence. Red and white wine included. Casual dress throughout the day. Overnight in Florence.
Day 10: Start the day by visiting Pisa with its leaning tower. Then go to San Gimignano which is known for its many towers. Seven of its towers are around the Piazza del Duomo. Visit the Palazzo del Popolo Civic Museum which contains outstanding artwork and frescoes from the 13th-15th centuries, including the famous Sala di Dante with frescoes by Benozzo Gozzoli. In the afternoon, travel to Siena. Visit this beautiful medieval city with its center gathered within ancient walls which hold beautiful monuments and museums. Visit the Piazza del Campo, Palazzo Comunale and Torre del Mangia. Visit the Duomo which is a majestic example of Romanesque-Gothic Style. Dinner in Siena and overnight in Florence.
Day 11: Drive to Cinque Terre, which is also known as "Five Lands" composed of five villages: Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore. Dinner in the Cinque Terre region and overnight in Florence.
Day 12: Visit Venice, an amazing city built on water. Visit St. Mark's Basilica and plaza. Gondola ride is optional. Casual dress throughout the day. Long pants if you intend to visit St. Mark's Basilica. Dinner and overnight in Venice.
Day 13: Private bus to Venice airport and departure from Italy back to USA.
Please Note: We do our best to ensure that all sites listed in this itinerary will be seen. However, due to scheduling conflicts, or other circumstances beyond our control, sites may be visited on a different day than listed. If this happens it will also necessitate a change in the restaurant for dinner. However, we will never sacrifice the quality of the meal, all restaurants will meet Proximo Travel's very high standards. Since we have several different trip configurations touring at the same time, it is likely that groups on different tours will be combined when their itineraries overlap in certain areas.