Calabria • Taormina • Syracuse • Mount Etna • Catania • Sicily • Amalfi Coast • Sorrento • Capri • Pompeii • Rome
- 13 Days - THIS PRICE INCLUDES AIRFARE FROM ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
To view trip details, KEEP SCROLLING DOWN
To sign up online, CLICK ON THE TRIP DATE BELOW
Trips in 2017 - $4,600.00
Trips in 2018 - $4,600.00
- Flights from anywhere in the United States. (all necessary flights on your trip are included)
- Daily Mass is available but not mandatory. Proximo Travel strives to have one or more Catholic Priests accompanying the group as chaplain(s).
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees & Fuel Surcharges Saving you an average of $400-$600!
- Transfers as per itinerary.
- 4 or 5 star hotels in downtown areas.
- Transportation with luxury bus.
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Dinners take place at upscale restaurants not at the hotel. Wine included with all dinners.
- All tips to driver, hotel, and tour guide. If you feel that the tour guide did a great job, offering them extra tips is greatly appreciated.
- Guided Tours and Tour Fees ~ Our tour guides are very caring, licensed, and well educated. Many of our guides have their PhD's.
- Luggage handling (1 suitcase and 1 carry-on per person)
- Single Supplement (as long as the passengers is willing to room with someone and allows us to provide them with a roommate. If the passenger wants a guaranteed room to of their own, then they have to pay the $900 single supplement)
- Remember: Our trips are not more expensive during high season ~ Passengers will never be expected to pay extra for anything while on the trip ~ We always wait for passengers and never leave anyone behind.
Trip Does Not Include
- Trip Insurance. Work directly with Travel Guard to protect your investment and insure your money. There are different packages to choose from depending on what your travel needs are. Use the above link or the link right below the picture of the Pope on our home page to visit their site.
Steps for Registration
- Call us (855) 842-8001 or register online with a credit card and pay your $500 deposit per person to save your spot. The $500 deposit is part of the total price of the trip
- A $1,000 Airfare Deposit (AD) per person is due one month from the registration. The AD is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check)
- The balance is due 4 months before the trip departure date. The balance is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check).
- Mail all checks and correspondence to:
PO Box 3479
Worcester, MA 01613
- NOTE: If you sign up for a trip within 4 months of the departure date, you pay the deposit of $500 with a credit card and the balance is required to be overnighted in the form of a personal check, money order, or bank check.
HotelsHotels listed below are our preferred hotels. If reservations cannot be made at one or more of these locations, a comparable hotel will be reserved. We only use 4 or 5 star accommodations.
Tel. 011.39. 0965.331.356
Grand Hotel Cesare Augusto
Tel. 011.39. 081.878.2700
Tel. 011.39. 063.721.122
Tel. 011.39. 06.686.8969
Tel. 011.39. 063.576
Day 1: Departure from USA.
Day 2: Arrival in Catania. Check in to hotel and brief rest. In the afternoon visit Catania. Some sights to enjoy are the Piazza Duomo ~ Elephant Fountain, The Cathedral with the Chapel of Sant'Agata containing the saint's treasures. Walk the famous Via Crociferi where you can see some wonderful examples of 18th century Baroque buildings: Jesuits' Church, Church of San Giuliani and the Benedictine Monastery. Walk on the Via Etnea, an elegant street lined with Baroque-style buildings and shops that crosses the city from Piazza Duomo to Piazza Stesicoro where you can see the Vincenzo Bellini Monument, the imposing Roman Amphitheater, and the Church of Sant'Agata alla Fornace. Dinner and overnight in Catania, Sicily.
Day 3: Visit the incredible city of Taormina. It is considered by many the most beautiful city of Italy. Dinner and overnight in Catania.
Day 4: Drive to Syracuse. Visit the archaeological area and the famous Greek theater. Visit to the Duomo (Cathedral). The building contains influences from various cultures within its wall: Greek, Byzantine, Arabic, and the Norman Church of Santa Lucia. The church stands on the site where, so the legend goes, Syracuse's patron saint was martyred. Return to Catania for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5: Visit the famous Mount Etna in the morning. Then take the ferry from Messina to Reggio Calabria. Dinner and overnight in Reggio Calabria.
Day 6: Tour of Reggio Calabria. In the morning visit of Bronzi di Riace. Lunch on the sea promenade in Reggio. In the afternoon visit Tropea. Dinner in Tropea and then overnight in Reggio Calabria.
Day 7: Depart Calabria, tour on bus of the Amalfi Coast and head to Sorrento. Check-in and dinner at the hotel in Sorrento.
Day 8: The Island of Capri is the greatest place for many people. Optional: visit the extraordinary beautiful Blue Grotto with its shining bottom, tour the Island, shopping. Dinner around the hotel area at 6:45 pm. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 9: Departure from Sorrento to Pompeii. Visit of the archeological area, lunch and transfer to Rome. Time permitting we will visit the Basilica of St. Paul outside the Wall where the body of St. Paul is buried. It is the 2nd largest basilica in Rome and the 5th in the world. In the afternoon, we will be visiting St. Mary Major, the main Basilica dedicated to Mary in Rome. We will see the remains of Jesus' manger, the tomb of Bernini, the remains of St. Matthew the Evangelist, the tomb of St. Jerome, and the oldest icon in the world of the Virgin Mary painted by St. Luke: the famous Salus Populi Romani. We may immerse ourselves in the local culture by attending an Italian mass at St. Mary Major as well. Casual dress. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
Day 10: Start around 9:00am. Visit the Colosseum, the symbol of the city of Rome; a great building that has been standing since 80 A.D. Then visit St. John Lateran, the first Basilica ever to be built in the Roman Empire. In the afternoon, go to the breathtaking Catacombs where 500,000 people were buried. After the Catacombs our private bus will take us to dinner and free time around the area of the hotel. Overnight in Rome.
Day 11: Start the day around 9:30 am, by visiting the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel, the Pope's Private chapel. Tour of St. Peter's in the Vatican, the largest Basilica in the world. Long pants, capris, or skirts below the knee, shoulders covered. Time to rest before dinner in the area of the hotel. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
Day 12: We will have an early start as our private bus leaves around 7:00 am to the Vatican to experience the 10:00 am Audience with the Pope. We will see the Pope very closely; sometimes we even shake his hand. There will be time for lunch in the area of the Vatican, before we visit the Spanish Steps. This is the place where the Romans hung out. From there we will walk to Trevi Fountain, and have time for shopping. Followed by a walk to the Pantheon, the oldest functional building in the world, and then to the great artistic place of Piazza Navona around 4:30 pm. Dinner at Piazza Navona. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Rome.
Day 13: Private bus to Airport and departure from Rome back to USA.
Please note: We do our best to ensure that all sites listed in this itinerary will be seen. However, due to scheduling conflicts, or other circumstances beyond our control, sites may be visited on a different day than listed. If this happens it will also necessitate a change in the restaurant for dinner. However, we will never sacrifice the quality of the meal, all restaurants will meet Proximo Travel's very high standards. Since we have several different trip configurations touring at the same time, it is likely that groups on different tours will be combined when their itineraries overlap in certain areas.